Re: [MV] Willys-Overland Motors web site

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 14:38:56 -0400

> The story I've heard (here in Toledo Ohio, Home of the
>Mercedes/Chrysler/Jeep),is that Jeep(I think it was) let the rights to the
>Willys Overland name lapse. Then the owner of the company now known as
Willys
>Overland Motors took over the rights! They have bought original Dies & are
>stamping out a lot of original sheet metal. We've dealt with these guys
before
>& they are stand up people. They also have a lot of New Old Stock parts.
> Hope this clears up the mystery,

This is not true at all. I have personally researched this. The Willys
name (along with Willys-Overland) is still owned by Chrysler. They even
renewed it a couple years ago. If you don't believe me, contact the USPTO.

Word Mark: WILLYS
Owner Name (REGISTRANT): WILLYS OVERLAND CO., THE
Owner Address: WEST CENTRAL AVENUE AND L.S. & M.S. RV. TOLEDO OHIO
CORPORATION OHIO
Owner Name: (LAST LISTED OWNER) CHRYSLER CORPORATION
Owner Address: 1000 CHRYSLER DRIVE AUBURN HILLS MICHIGAN 483262766
CORPORATION DELAWARE
Attorney of Record: WILLIAM J. COUGHLIN
Serial Number: 71-087758
Registration Number: 0109244
Filing Date: 07/03/1915
Registration Date: 03/28/1916
Design Search Code: 26.17.13
Description of Mark: THE MARK IS AS WRITTEN BY JOHN NORTH WILLYS,
PRESIDENT OF THE WILLYS OVERLAND CO
Mark Drawing Code: (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Register: PRINCIPAL
Change in Registration: CHANGE IN REGISTRATION HAS OCCURRED
Type of Mark: TRADEMARK
Renewals: 4TH RENEWAL 1996.05.29

----

International Class 012
Goods and Services: AUTOMOBILES, AUTOMOBILE TRUCKS; DATE OF FIRST USE:
1913.09.00; DATE OF FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 1913.09.00

Todd Paisley