Re: [MV] Mighty Mite dent repair.

DOConnor@zoomit.sikorsky.com
20 Oct 98 15:16:45 EDT

>My new MIG is far from neat on that stuff, and the fabricator
>recommends TIG or the like - no fun.

I've been told a MIG can be set up to do aluminum but requires different
wire and gas. The guy knows his welding so I took him at his word. He was
also quick to say the TIG was the best way and easier/better than a
reconfigured MIG. There was probably more about technique and finer details
he left out in the simple explanation to me. For aluminum welding we simply
go to the pro and beg for mercy on the price!

Dennis
Original Text
From: S=gwim2/C=US/A=INTERNET/DDA=ID/gwim2(a)student.open.ac.uk, on
10/20/98 3:11 PM: