Re: [MV] M35 Multifeul Question

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 23:43:05 -0600 (CST)

>Is a multi fuel engine just a low compression
>diesel? Or is there

Nope, high compression. When your talking about combustion characteristics
like predetonation etc. you need to reverse your thinking between gas and diesel
or should I say spark ignition and compression ignition engines! Think
about it...
you can run (and often did in the 'old' days) any old low compression gas
engine
on kerosene right??? So it would follow then that you need a high compression
diesel engine to burn gas.

>something else that allows them to run on gasoline
>without over
>reving and blowing them selves apart?

Not possible to over rev a diesel, unless to the injection pump fails (saw
it happen once!).

je