[MV] Re: Expensive UNIMOG parts

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 20:53:46 +0100

Dave Cole schrieb:
>> Message text written by Andreas Mehlhorn
>> A modern UNIMOG is a very complicated vehicle. I can ford in deep water.
>> To prevent water from entering the gears and axles, they set the com-
>> plete drive train under 5 psi air pressure when you engage the four
>> wheel drive. This is only one of the nice features...
>>
>> Regards
>> Andreas<
>
> I didn't know that. $200K is definitely outside of my budget. Who buys
> those things? Sounds like a good system, pressurizing the axles seem
> like the only way to keep out water.
>
> Dave

Most UNIMOGS were bought by the Bundeswehr (Germany army), fire brigades
and municipal authorities. Next to them are companies, which need a
truck for hard off road conditions as there are electrcity works,
water works and so on. And last but not least rich farmers.

One of the latest models is the FUN-MOG. With metallic paint, alloy
wheels, leather seats and interieur and big CD-player. Made for those,
who already have the FERRARI. Costs DM 400.000 = US-$ 242,000 at the
moment. (Including ROPS System)

Regards
Andreas