Re: [MV] Too many people want this radio

wbuonau@tec1.apg.army.mil
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:01:25 -0500

John,are you in Baltimore? If it would help, and you want to check
your radio out, I live up here in Aberdeen and have similar radios and
accessories you can borrow as well as the M??? meter which tests
signal strength.
Tom B......

Subject: [MV] Too many people want this radio
Author: "JOHN SEIDTS" <JKING@prodigy.net> at SMTPLink-TECOM
Date: 11/10/98 9:59 PM

I have gotten 24 emails about this RT 524, with a range of questions. Here
are the answers.

1. I only have the radio component. No cables, mounts, antennae, manuals,
etc. Fair Radio has all that stuff (they are linked off of the MVPA page).

2. Since I only have the radio, I cannot check it for function.

3. As for appearance, it looks like all the 524's I used in the military,
scratched case and dust. All the switches turn like they should, and all
the nobs rotate properly. I pulled the external speaker, and looked
inside, and it had a few drops of condensation inside- as all the ones did
when I was in. The only things conspicuously missing are the caps for the
mikes and speakers outlets.

4. I am taking a photo of the radio and putting it on our website
http://www.astory.com The link will be on our restoration supplies page.
john@astory.com
http://www.astory.com