Re: [MV] New gas

King (landy@netpointer.com)
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:39:45 -0800

>Hey Guys!
>I have a question about ethanol. In our old MVs, would it be detrimental to
>anything? I mean, the pump and carb are extremely simple and everything is
>brass except the accelerator pump diaphragm and the valves and diaphragms in
>the fuel pump. I know in new complicated computer controlled emissions
>monitored catalytically converted, homogenized, patuerized synthesized
>futurecars that eth is baaaaad. But what about the early iron? Any opinions
>(ha! as if I have to ask?) mike in VA

I think most of the alcohol added gases use about a 10% mix and the fuels in
brazil have more.Some where I remember reading GM saying 10% alcohol in any
of thier cars doesn't hurt it.But if you run alcohol some of the problems
are brass deterioration and rubber components dissolving.This isn't always
the case but if you have those problems then chances are it's from alcohol
of any amount.
The first Model'T's were built to run on alcohol.
Andre