RE: [MV] Indiana Jones male Tank

OConnor, Dennis (DOconnor@SIKORSKY.COM)
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:03:37 -0500

Nigel wrote:
>It is I think on display at Universal Studio tours in the USA. They bought
>the truck,made out of a GMC from some people nearby here.

The tank is on display at Disney/MGM Studios Theme Park in Walt Disney
World, Orlando, Florida, USA. I have a picture I took when down there. I'll
try to find it and scan it for anyone who wants to see. They also have a
truck and car you see in the movie and quite a bit of other equipment
(personal gear and weapons). This is all located next to the gift shop (what
else would you expect) next to the "Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular" which
is a really great show by itself that takes parts from "Raiders of The Lost
Ark" (the first Indiana Jones movie) and shows how stunts are done. They
have several vehicles and equipment involved in that, including a couple of
M37's, one of which is blown up, overturned, and burned several times daily
along with the "flying wing" German plane and other things. The "Back Lot
Tour" ride also in Disney/MGM goes past a small vehicle park that has
several MV's including a DUKW. I'll try to find those pictures as well.

Dennis O'Connor
doconnor@sikorsky.com