Re: [MV] Deep South Military Vehicle Rally

Jim Webster (jimweb@SIMONIDES.PRESTEL.CO.UK)
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:40:30 +0000

Richard Notton wrote:

> The Ferret picture is interesting Rob, I have never seen a British
> vehicle in service with division and unit markings on the rear. The
> mailed fist is W.W.II only although it _may_ have been applied at the
> whim of the unit commander under special circumstances on a post war
> vehicle.

Its the 20th Armoured Brigade sign - we had it on our
Centurions/Chieftains in the early seventies - the only thing I can see
that's wrong is that they are full size and the ones on the ferrets were
usually half size.

Someone find him a proper 30 calibre mount as well. I couldn't quite see
it but I think he has a bren mount and they were only used by non-rac
units.

TTFN
Jim
Honorary Secretary