Re: [MV] Indiana Jones male Tank

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 22:27:53 +0100

Product of Alkett schrieb:
> Just the other day, I was poking around the Walden Books and happened
> upon this book. The short little texton it said the tank was, and I'm
> paraphrasing, patterned after a German heavy tank of which only eight
> were made. Either the author was misinterpreting information or the
> makers of that tank were looking at the wrong sources to make the
> "German" tank. The only German tank in WWI made in any number was the
> A7V, which looks nothing like the British rhomboids. The A7V-U was a
> copy of the British armor but only one was made until it met the
> cutter's torch when it failed on its trials.
>
> Best,
>
> Ed

Correct, but don't forget the Gro=DFkampfwagen (K-Wagen) from 1918, which
was nearly finished when WWI ended. It had a crew of 22 men (!) and=20
four guns. The vehicle was never used for trials, it was scraped by=20
the victors, so nobody knows until today if it would ever move.

If you are interested, I can forward a picture via e-mail.

Best regards
Andreas