Re: [MV] PSP = Pierced Steel Planking

Steve Malikoff MV list account (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 07:48:39 +1100 (EST)

> Is this the stuff also known as Marston Matting? And although it was
> originally steel, didn't the same stuff come out in an aluminum alloy? I seen
> to recall some while in the Marines at 29 Palms at the Expeditionary Airfield.

Is it 'Marston' or 'Marsden'? A pedantic question, I know, but I've only
seen the latter spelling. They used a fair bit of it at the top end of Oz, and
there's some original stuff lying around here and there. I was surprised
how darn heavy and large the pieces are.

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au