Re: [MV] Law about Jeeps in the back of deuces...?

imike@pacbell.net
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 20:56:22 -0800

1/2 ton is a misnomer......your chev has a door sticker with a GVW, say
6800lbs. That means your truck PLUS payload cannot exceed 6800lbs. Your
truck probably weighs about 5250-5400 depending on the options, PW, PL etc,
leaving you a payload of 1400 or so. Check your glovebox stamp and your
driver's door post and you will see a GVW stamp.

The guy next door in Colo. used to put an M3 in the back of his Ford 3/4ton
and drive to the
backcountry to hunt with it, drag the bighorn sheep out the 3miles or so to
the truck (didn't like the M3's ride on the road)
Mike
Out Here