Re: [MV] MB Frame #

dvsww2 (dvsww2@cyberhighway.net)
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 00:43:17 -0700

In my former employment situation, I had access to the state DVM files. I
was trying to figure out how the system worked to look things up using my
GPW 's VIN as an example. I got into a VIN list by number and was quite
surprised to find that the year of the vechicle differed from 1942 to 1954
in the GPW series. Apparently titles were issued as to date of release
from the government via auction. I also had a m715 that had a state issued
VIN as the government agency had lost the paperwork and we had to obtain a
brand inspected title and the state inspector called it a 1973. How this
can be corrected is anyones guess. I'm just pointing out that it is quite
common to have the years messed up on military stuff. Howard
----------
> From: GSE3@aol.com
> To: mil-veh@skylee.com
> Subject: [MV] MB Frame #
> Date: Friday, December 04, 1998 10:01 PM
>
> Hello list,
> After a lot of search and research, I've learned that my depot rebuilt
jeep
> has a 1945 ACM type 2 body (Thanks Frank!) and a 1945 MB engine (Thanks
> Todd!). The frame is MB but the tag is gone. Is there anywhere else
that
> there might be a number that could be used to identify it? Besides AAW
volume
> 1 & 2, is there anywhere I can get any official looking documentation
about
> engine, body, and frame numbers so I can try to convince the California
DMV