RE: [MV] Koblenz Panzers

Greg David (ict@best.com)
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 03:20:32 -0800

Yes, definitely go see it. It is a beautiful collection. They have lots of
stuff especially a beautiful small arms collection. It is open to the public
and they also have a nice bookstore, although most titles are in German.

Sorry I do not have the details as far as address and hours, but you should
be able to find that on line. I used to have a brochure on the museum, but I
don't know where it went. Koblenz is directly on the Rhein River and there
is a lot to do in and around the region. If you are a wine fan, Koblenz lies
directly next to the famous Mosel river wine growing region. As a matter of
fact, Koblenz lies directly on the convergance of the Rhein and Mosel
rivers. There is some sort of memorial at this point, but I forget exactly
what for. I just know that it is referred to as the Deutshes Eck. (German
corner)

I'd say that this collection is definitely worth a detour if you are an MV
fan.

Regards,

Greg David