Re: [MV] Stuck Lug Nuts

Eric Bode (ecbode@mtu.edu)
Mon, 07 Dec 1998 10:34:26 -0600

Do Not use a breaker bar with an extension. This can and will shear the bolts.
First put some penetrating oil like liquid wrench on the nuts. Use an impact
wrench. An impact wrench is like taking a hammer to a breaker bar to hammer it
down, but it does it at 1000 hits a minute. This will loosen up some of the
rust. If you do not have a impact wrench, or a large enough go to the local gas
station with service center.