Re: [MV] M38A1

Glenn Shaw (dogstar@gis.net)
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 08:47:47 -0500

Dennis
Army Jeep Parts is a good source for parts for your Jeep. Speak
to George Baxter at 215-788-6012. There are others also. Get a
copy of Supply Line Mag and you will see many ads. You get this
magazine when you join the MVPA which you should do. You'll get
a lot of info.

M416 trailers, which were used with M151 jeeps use the same tops
as the M100 trailer which is correct for your M38A1 jeep. These
tops can be found at Beechwood Canvas and other suppliers as
well.

The indentation you refer to is where you would install the slave
cable receptacle.

Use 30 w. oil as required by the TM for your vehicle. I have
found that you should not put synthetic oil into an old dirty
engine. Also you will find that the engine will leak more with
synthetic oil. Your oil pressure will be lower also.

Glenn Shaw MVPA
M38A1
M151A2
M1043