Re: [MV] Stuck Lug Nuts

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:16:36 -0600 (CST)

>Heat them red with a torch first, works every time.
>
>or
>
>Put a really long bar on your socket and deliberately break them off, then
replace them with nice new ones, all RH in my opinion!

>BTW: WD-40 aint much of a penatrating oil.

Sounds silly to reply to ones own reply but another idea came to mind that
has not been mentioned yet. A nut splitter. I have used one many times and
never damaged the threads on the bolt/stud. Of course if your skilled
enough you can do the same thing with a cold chisel. Split the nut on one
side then it ussually can be turned off by hand. That is all.

je