Re[2]: [MV] Max. torque and hp rating T-98 tranny?

JRONEY@elotouch.com
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 08:18:47 -0800

My God...How will you shift it?

I'm afraid to ask what this is going into, but someone is going to a
LOT of work for minimal gain.

You will save yourself a LOT of time if you just go get the NV4500 and
transfer case from a late model one ton GM 4x4. The 4500 will bolt
directly to the GM6.2, and provides a .72:1 Overdrive. If you want
to, you can adapt the 4500 to a NP205 transfer case. (That will put
the driveshaft on the passenger side.)

The T-98 will take all of the torque that a GM6.2 will ever put out.
Ford used the T-19 (full synchro T-18, which is same as t-98) behind
the IH 6.9 in the 1984-86 F250. It holds up good enough.

Good luck...You'll need it!

James Roney
Fremont, CA