Re: [MV] Max. torque and hp rating T-98 tranny?

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:33:28 -0600 (CST)

>Solution:
>Take a 2nd transfer box and mount it reversed......
<remainder deleted>

You know... there are gear boxes meant for this purpose called auxiliary
transmissions, 'Brownies' I believe they are refered to. I presume the name
comes from Brown-Lipe which many I have seen are made by. These come in 2
and 3 speed variations of under/over/direct. While they are too large for a
jeep, they could be utilized in like a 1-1/4 ton or bigger if you have the
length in the drive train to fit it in. A budy uses them on his motor home
and his 1-ton crew cab dump truck.

je