Re: [MV] Virginia Area for holidays!

Doug Bohannon (jaguar@gate.net)
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 22:32:35 -0500

>Hello list!
>
>My wife and I will be in the Richmond, Va area over the Christmas
>holiday.
>Are there any interesting places where a person with either MB/GPW fever
>or O.D. sickness go to visit??
>
>Also, if anybody knows of any places I can purchase parts etc. for my
>1943 GPW that would also be appreciated.
>
>Thank you in advance for all your help!
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Wally Piroyan
>1943 GPW

Wally,

South of Richmond in Petersburg is the U.S. Army Quartermasters Museum. They
don't have many vehicles but they do have General Patton's specially
modified jeep.

East of Richmond off Hwy. 64 south of Williamsburg is the U. S. Army
Transportation Museum at Ft. Eustis. They have an excellent collection of
jeeps, trucks and specialty vehicles used by the Army. They even have a
flying saucer (experimental hoverjeep) on display.

This museum is definetely worth a day to visit.

Doug Bohannon
jaguar@gate.net
(941) 401-8221
Land Rover Light Weight