Re: [MV] re: M1010 de-mil

SBJohnston@aol.com
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:06:51 EST

Bobby Joe Pendleton II wrote:

>It has nothing to with any threat or hazard.
>There people in this country
>who do not want you have anything Military

I believe you are right... just last month when I was out test-driving my M38
a guy up the street waved me over and asked me about the history of my jeep.
I explained what I know... and he expressed great surprise that civilians are
"allowed" to own military hardware in "this day and age".

This negative attitude pops up every now and again (less frequently than
positive and pleased reactions, thank goodness). If I hear it with my one
relatively non-controversial M38, I can only imagine the stuff that collectors
with multiple vehicles (particularly those with AFVs or vehicles with real or
repro weapons mounted) have to put up with.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com