Re: [MV] re: M1010 de-mil

John Walz (John.Walz@house.leg.state.mn.us)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:07:16 -0600

People disapprove of your old Military Vehicle and yet 70% (or so I am =
told) approve of Bill Clinton. Hmmmmmm.........I will stick with my M38. =
It is a little more trustworthy. =20

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

Bobby Joe Pendleton II wrote:

>It has nothing to with any threat or hazard.=20
>There people in this country
>who do not want you have anything Military

I believe you are right... just last month when I was out test-driving my =
M38
a guy up the street waved me over and asked me about the history of my =
jeep.
I explained what I know... and he expressed great surprise that civilians =
are
"allowed" to own military hardware in "this day and age". =20

This negative attitude pops up every now and again (less frequently than
positive and pleased reactions, thank goodness). If I hear it with my one
relatively non-controversial M38, I can only imagine the stuff that =
collectors
with multiple vehicles (particularly those with AFVs or vehicles with real =
or
repro weapons mounted) have to put up with.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com=20

=3D=3D=3D