Re: [MV] re: M1010 de-mil

Steve Andersen (sanders2@tampabay.rr.com)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:46:44 -0500

> "The surplus CUCVs are used primiarily by us collectors and as ranch/deer
> hunting vehicles. You don't see very many surplus CUCVs driving around
> town, most of them are in garages or on ranches.
>
> I don't think CUCVs even come close to puting a dent in the pickup/SUV market."

1. CUCV's are somewhat available and are not being de-mil'ed
2. The largest selling vehicle today is the plain old pickup truck.(Ford F150) Why
purchase an over rated, over priced F150, when you can get a better built M 1008
CUCV for far less money?
3. What happens to the resale value on that F150 when it reaches the milage that
these released CUCVs have?

You guys pick one vehicle and apply it to the reasons a gave. There are many
reasons why MVs are de-mil'ed. I just named two of them. Maybe they don't apply to
yours.

Steve Andersen
1943 WC-57

Steve Andersen