Re: [MV] re: M1010 de-mil

Shane G Deemer (1sgd6508@unixstew.tstc.edu)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:38:24

At 06:46 PM 12/22/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> "The surplus CUCVs are used primiarily by us collectors and as ranch/deer
>> hunting vehicles. You don't see very many surplus CUCVs driving around
>> town, most of them are in garages or on ranches.
>>
>> I don't think CUCVs even come close to puting a dent in the pickup/SUV
market."

Yes, I agree. I have not mentioned anything to the contary.

>1. CUCV's are somewhat available and are not being de-mil'ed

------

Because a new truck is ALWAYS more reliable than an older one.

>2. The largest selling vehicle today is the plain old pickup truck.(Ford
F150) Why
>purchase an over rated, over priced F150, when you can get a better built
M 1008
>CUCV for far less money?

------

The same thing as it does with a CUCV. A used 1985 Ford pickup is worth
about the same as a 1985 CUCV.

--
-Shane

******************************************** COMING! Jan 1999 The New Texas Rails Online Shane Deemer and Joe H. Enochs, Editors. URL to be Annouced Soon, Keep an eye out!! ********************************************