Re: [MV] ENGINE POWER PROBLEM, L134

Rob Root (root99@earthlink.net)
Fri, 01 Jan 1999 10:43:52 -0800

Hi Brent:

I don't know if you have solved your power problem yet, but are you
positive the valve timing is correct? I once assembled an engine with
the cam gear one tooth out of position in the timing chain relative to
the crank gear. It performed exactly as you describe. Started fine,
just had no power at all. As I recall, in this instance, my error
resulted in a 4 degree error in valve timing, which doesn't seem like
much, but it was like night and day in terms of performance...

-Rob Root
1942 GPW