Re: [MV] Overdrive Units

Dan Schultz (schultz@inficad.com)
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 23:16:33 -0700

>After seeing the posts about the overdrive unit. I have some questions.
> 1. Do they increase or decrease the market value of the vehicle?

To a purist collector it would decrease the value. To anyone who wanted to
actually drive the vehicle on a regular basis it would greatly increase its
value. Plus, the overdrive can easily be removed if wanted for correct
restoration.

> 2. Are they able to be installed by the average MV owner?

Yes. I am just your typical do-it-yourselfer type and installed a Warn
overdrive in my jeep in my driveway in a single afternoon. You only need
basic tools and a torque wrench. Easy to do by one person!

Regards,
Dan