Re: [MV] Weapons mounts on M37 series?

dvsww2 (dvsww2@cyberhighway.net)
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 20:25:59 -0700

Bill, The Novell mount book, shows and adaptation of the M48 dash mount for
a Jeep. A spacer was used between the dash and the mount and they opened
up the windshield and stuck the 1919A4 barrel out the windshield. I can't
speak for the M24A1 mount and how it mounted as I've never seen one but I
have an M24 here at the shop that I am selling for a friend. The M24 fits
the 1/2 ton WWII WC open cab such as the WC4, and it bolts to the front of
the bed the way the brackets are set up. The post sits in front of the bed
on this model and had a storage place for the pintle. This mount is
complete with the pintle still in the storage position. Also includes the
bed brackets and the bracket that bolts in the bed that also bolts to the
floor of the bed. complete with original data tag. Possible delivery can
be arranged to Ft. Indian Town Gap PA later this month for some help on the
gas. It weighs 130 lbs, is in one piece and would have to go motor freight
otherwise. and put on a pallet.. . A party in NY wanted this, but haven't
heard from them after a couple of e-mails. Thanks, Howard Wright 45 GPW,
42 MBT, 76 M886.