Re: [MV] oops

Shane G. Deemer (1sgd6508@unixstew.tstc.edu)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 00:16:00

The M60s bring up a good discussion.

Most of the M60s at Ft. Hood went to Anniston AD for refurbishing, and
probably sale to other foreign armies. However, 100+ of them returned to
Ft. Hood, and were used as targets at many of the ranges.

The army reuses a lot of its equipment, and even the big vehicles get used
as targets, not just the small ones.

If it makes anybody feel any better, I've not seen an M151 used as a
targets at Hood in the past 6 years.

At 12:28 AM 1/13/99 EST, you wrote:
>Sorry for the fat fingers, the ships were sold for $42,000.00 or thereabouts.
>
>Has anyone ever heard of the gov. selling M60A3 MBT's? I saw one for sale
a wh
>ile back. The VTANG GAVE one away here a couple of years ago in a deer
pool.
>Fully operational with the exception of the main gun breech. When I let
Boise

--
-Shane

******************************************** The New Texas Rails Online Shane Deemer and Joe H. Enochs, Editors. http://www.e5e.com/texasrails/ ********************************************