Re: [MV] Tire chains on a 5 ton or a 2 1/2 ton

Kenneth Uhrick (safemale@iexpress.net)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:58:26 GMT

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:12:45 -0500, you wrote:

>Do you know if the bolt pattern on a 5 ton wheel is the same as a
>"standard" 10 bolt semi tractor wheel? I have to measure it, but it =
sure
>looks close. If so, then replacement high traction tires and wheels =
could
>be a lot easier to get. There are a lot of dead heavy trucks around =
here=20
>that still have good radial tires and wheels that I could scrounge.=20
>Wouldn't be original, but might improve fuel economy to something above =
4
>1/2 mpg on gas! Which is what the manual states. Even at $.85/gallon =
it
>still goes fast.
my m886 is getting 5 1/2 on the hi way last summer on 40 mile trip
(each way)
and 5 days in a row=20
that's after installing a new cilv. carb. from napa or some place
like that
that's in hi range and 2 wheel drive=20
i bet 4 by 4ing drips that a lot=20
its my only car=20