[MV] Rolling HMMWVs

Jim Rice (jimrice@sirinet.net)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:56:25 -0600

As Joe said, the HMMWV can be rolled. I wish I had a picture of the one I
saw rolled at the Combat Manuever Training Center (CMTC) Hohenfels,
Germany. The driver was hauling down a dirt road when he went into the
ditch. The HMMWV ended up on it's roof. Luckily for the occupantes, it
was a hard top. The hard top took the roll much better than a soft top
depending solely upon the roll bar structure.

Jim Rice