Re: [MV] 77 military dodge 3/4 ton truck questions

Kenneth Uhrick (safemale@iexpress.net)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:08:59 GMT

On Wed, 27 Jan 99 05:38:56 PST, you wrote:

>What are the bennefits or problems with the front axles on a military =
dodge 3/4 ton truck for daily use
>without lockout feature? Does is make sense to convert to front end =
that lockouts can be used? can the front axle be converted without =
changing complete housing? what were the standard axle ratio?
>Im considering its purchase if I can use it for daily work related =
duties .
my only can is a m886 =20
a meat wagon=20
i love it butt with mine i get 5 1/2 miles to each gal of gas on the
highway=20
the diff gears is 4.10 =20
i have the dodge parts counter parts book=20
I was told that putting chevy parts from the spindles out
would get hub locks on it=20
i would go with the auto locks on mine i think=20
the amp metter malts the inst cluster=20
and like all dodges of there age carry a spare bellst resitter for
the inion system =20
one time each 10-20k miles you will need one
i havce not yet=20
i have had a alternator and voltage reg go out on it in the 3 years
of driving=20
the diff locks would help the gas milage=20
and the other m88? owners will say one thing of the other =20
and they mite say i'm all wett on one or more of the things that i
have say ed=20
that's the nice point about this list we get lots of info=20
=20