Re: [MV] 77 military dodge 3/4 ton truck questions

Brian Redick (B-Man@Wesnet.com)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:59:41 -0500

I have owned an M882 4x4 for 5 years now and have done absolutely nothing to
it except front brake pads and a new battery. Everything else is untouched
since leaving Dr. Mo's possession. I too, only get 5 mpg highway at best
with 4.10 gearsets, but this is unchanged whether loaded or not. But the
$600.00 purchase price with the 5 mpg still saves a lot of money over 5
years versus a new Dodge Ram payment!! :)

I have had many 4x4 dodges, both full time and part time and have noticed no
difference in MPG or wear and tear on drivetrain parts between the two. I
would have to agree on the ballast resister spare in the glove box as this
little baby can leave you stranded when it goes out. The number one killer
of ballast resistors in older dodge products was leaving the ignition key in
the on position instead of accessory (Which the M88x do not have) position.
This will cause the ballast resistor to become very hot which decreases the
life of it. I have not had to replace one in the 5 years that I have owned
mine and it is a daily driver in the winter time and used for pulling heavy
loads in the nice months.

Just my dime's worth!!

Brian R.