[MV] Virus attachment

MV List Admin (postmaster@skylee.com)
Tue, 2 Feb 99 08:08:08 -0800

>I am posting this direct to the list as Arthur does not seem to
>be about.

I'm here but was not monitoring the list message-by-message.

>We have been hit with a virus.

I'm sorry my filters didn't catch it, but it was a small file, sent
as plain text rather than an attachment.

>so the signal to noise ratio on the list is probably about to
>explode.

Let's not let it do that. Think three times about it before you
post to the whole list. You are welcome to contact me directly about
this, however.

>if you
>don't open it it is harmless...but if opened...look out...do you need the
>remedy for it...if so...here it is...

>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3652/SKA.HTM

Let's keep our heads and not panic. I'll look into this further,
but in the meantime, if you're concerned about this, do some research
(there must be other people analyzing it)--and for everyone else,
don't execute that application.

--Arthur Kyle, mil-veh list admin <ack@skylee.com>
Please do NOT quote my whole message back to me when replying