Re: [MV] Jerry Can Kit

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 08:41:42 +0100

Chuck Chriss schrieb:
> Some of you may be interested in this item on ebay: 61842843
>
> It is some sort of cleaning kit for German military equipment packed
> in jerry can type containers.
> I would be interested in feedback from someone who knows what it
> is. Current bid is $2.50 so no one is getting excited about it.

These kits are from the communistic East German Army (Nationale Volksarmee).
Some 100,000 were sold surplus, when they sold the whole army some years
ago.

The complete kit is a rack with comes with 2 each 5 litre jerry cans
(petrol + diesel), a 2 litre oil can and a metal container (looks like
a 5 litre jerry can with cleaning equipment. (I don't know if the item
for sale ist the complete kit or only the container with the cleaning
equipment.)

This kit is a must for all East German MVs, but not original on all
others.

Best regards
Andreas
-35 miles west of East Germany, (British Zone)-