[MV] Re: jeep books

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 14:10:57 +0100

Feb 4 1999

Hi Tim

I have phoned Groucho Publishing (like the Marx Brothers??) and asked for a
Catalogue.

Can you tell me if the books are in English or French (I hope NOT in
Dutch!!!).

The book on the Jeep you purchased, is a good book? I am interested in
buying it.

There is a full color book on restored Jeeps which I have enjoyed very much:
Lizzie and Pat Ware
"The Classic Military Jeep Illustrated"
Warehouse Publications, England
FAX 0181 686 2362 - price 21.25 pp overseas (pounds NOT $!!).
Hardback, 144 pp., more than 250 color photos of jeeps, details, antenna
mount, jerry can holder, etc.

Keep Them Rolling!

Real Jeeps are O.D.!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.
Naples, Italy

At 13.27 01/02/99 -0000, Tim wrote:
>Dan
>
>You could try contacting Groucho Publishing in the Netherlands + 31 13 535
3612. This company produce some good reprints of British/Canadian WW2
manuals, together with some interesting books about British Jeep
>Modifications, British Army WD Numbers and "B" Vehicle contract details. I
saw some of their books yesterday at the Stoneleigh fair here in UK
yesterday, and I recall seing a reference to Vickers Water Cooled MG
mountings (Not K Guns) on Jeeps in the Jeep modifications book - I
particularly remember it since I'd never heard of the water cooled one used
in this application.

Tim