Re: [MV] BOLTS & HARDWARE WANTED

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 22:20:07 +0100

Taylor Restorations & Rentals schrieb:
> I am looking for a source for German 8mm Verbus marked
> bolts for Sturmgeshutz restoration. The bolts need to be
> 16 & 20mm length. Need 100 of each.

Hard to get those bolts. The problem is, that the standard for
8 mm metric hex head bolts (DIN 931 and DIN 933) has changed in
the early sixties. Older bolts (like those in your Sturmgesch=FCtz)
had 14 mm hex heads and later ones have 13 mm hex heads. The
modern ISO bolts only have 12 mm hex heads.

The VERBUS (=3D Verg=FCtete Baur & Schaurte Schraube) is a high
quality bolt. Quality "8G" (today: "8.8") or better. Don't use the
cheaper "4.6" quality bolts!

I have just enough 8 mm bolts with 14 mm heads for my Kettenkrad.
I need 320 of such bolts to fix the track pads...

Good luck for the hunt.

Best regards
Andreas