RE: [MV] Indiana Jones Tank photo

OConnor, Dennis (DOconnor@SIKORSKY.COM)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 16:21:59 -0500

> The tank is on display at Disney/MGM Studios Theme Park in Walt Disney
>World, Orlando, Florida, USA. I have a picture I took when down there. I'll
>try to find it and scan it for anyone who wants to see.

Hi List,
I finally dug deep enough in the boxes of pictures and found the
Indiana Jones photos. The sign in front of the tank (if it can't be read
from the scan) says:

"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 1989
Post World War 1 Tank
Citroen Light 15 Convertible
Citroen U23 Truck
These three vehicles were modified for a thrilling chase scene in which
Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) rescues his father (Sean Connery) from the
Nazis. Although the action appeared to take place in the Turkish Desert, it
was actually filmed in Southern Spain. The vehicles still run and retain
many of their original parts, some of which date back to the 1930's and
40's."

I also found some pictures from the "Backlot Tour" that shows the
military vehicles kept over there. These show a DUKW, WC17? Ambulance, M43?
Ambulance, M29? Weasel, M? Armored Car, and some motorcycles (a couple with
sidecars).
The quality of the scans could be better but I can't get to it right
away. If anyone wants to see them email me privately and I'll forward them
to you. Please let me know if you need a particular file format and I'll
convert them before sending. I will be in & out of the office for the next
week or more so please be patient if I don't send them within a day.

Best Regards To All,
Dennis O'Connor