Re: [MV] locate M38A1's

Ben P. Fisher, Jr. (fisherb@azstarnet.com)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 14:49:39 -0700

Hi Claude,

I am the proud owner of two M38A1s

The First is a 52 with serial number of 18632
Data plates indicate it was U.S. Army
Date of Delivery 8/52
Condition- Missing tranny and transfer case
Engine has a cracked block
Missing seats
Not titled
Location - sitting on my patio as a parts vehicle.

The second is a 53 with serial number 38045
Data plates indicate U.S. Marines and verified after
removing many coats of paint to reveal hood
number of USMC 153200. Date of Delivery 1/53
The Jeep after its Marine duty was sent to the National
Science Foundation on Kitt Peak Arizona. This
was further verified under several layers of paint.
Across the back was painted:
National Science Foundation
Kitt Peak National Observatory
U.S. Government Use Only
Condition is Good, Engine has been rebuilt and converted
to 12 volts. Debating going back to 24 volts. Have
every
thing to do it but haven't made up my mind.
It is currently titled and insured and sitting in
my garage in the process of restoration. Missing
very few parts now the biggest being the wiring
harnesses
They had been gutted out somewhere along the line and
individual wires strung to do the job. Gas tank
needs epoxy coated as it does have two pin holes in
the back side.
Location- My garage in Corona Arizona, 20 miles southeast of
Tucson Arizona. In the Santa Rita Foothills.

Ben P. Fisher, Jr. Corona, Arizona (North Charleroi, Pa. native)