Re: [MV] Re Junk on the list, and some info on our new mil-veh

David Ross (ross@hypertools.com)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:44:15 -0800

At 06:47 PM 02/13/99 -0600, jonathon wrote:
>Speaking of XA's. What would a basket case be worth? Literally all the
>parts loose in a box with front fork missing? Have a lead on one, but owner
>wants an offer and I have no idea where to start.

Bear in mind that the correct XA front fork is pretty difficult to find.
It looks a lot like the standard H-D springer, but is about 4 inches longer
- made that way for off-road use.
I believe that the regular 'W' or 'WLA' springer will bolt right on the
XA frame - a lot of 'real' XAs use them.

The chopper guys discovered the longer XA front end right after the war
and a lot of XA springers ended up being grafted onto Big Twin Harleys.

Good luck with the old Indian
Dave Ross ross@hypertools.com