[MV] Harley XA (was: Junk on the list, and some info on our new

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:54:46 -0600 (CST)

> Bear in mind that the correct XA front fork is pretty difficult to find.
>It looks a lot like the standard H-D springer, but is about 4 inches longer
>- made that way for off-road use.
> I believe that the regular 'W' or 'WLA' springer will bolt right on the
>XA frame - a lot of 'real' XAs use them.
>
> The chopper guys discovered the longer XA front end right after the war
>and a lot of XA springers ended up being grafted onto Big Twin Harleys.

I was talking to a local Harley mechanic who builds custom bikes (older
vintage, not new looking stuff) and he said it would be no problem to get
me going with something that would work, not original but functionally
equivelant. I wouldn't mind doing that, at least you could restore the rest
of it and use it a little until you find the correct one, if ever!

Any idea of a range of price for a basket case? $500, $5000 ????

je