Re: [MV] halftrack

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@wxs.nl)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:57:45 +0100

Mike Pilcher wrote:

> Hello list. Have become partners in an
> Autocar model 15A1 halftrack (converted to 16A1) restoratin project.
> It's in rough
> condition bodywise. Drive train is decent.
> Any leads on armor and body parts? Yes,
> we know we've bitten off a big chunk, but this thing was destined for
> the scrap metal
> yard. and we couldn't stand for that to happen. All advice......do's
> and don'ts will
> be appreciated. We think we will probably
> take it to the 15A1 configuration instead of
> trying to go the quad 50 route. So if there are any spare parts,
> advice, etc.,please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Pilcher
> 51 M37
> 43 GPW (under construction)

Hi Mike,

You could try "Chris Muys" in Belgium-Europe, you can find his adress
in the "MVPA-online links" page.
He has lots of spares for IHC, White, Diamond etc. Half-Tracks.
Bought some stuff from him a few weeks ago for my M5-A1 Half-Track,
He also has fuel tanks produced by the French in '72, they are a
lot better then the original ones because they don't have rubber
on the inside, (today's fuel is no good for '45 rubber) they have
steel on the inside and rubber on the outside.

Good luck with your restoration job,

Regards,

Auke Dijkstra
Haaksbergen