Re: [MV] Importing Problems

John K. Seidts (john@astory.com)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 06:48:23 -0500

Not like any of the guys spending their time right now importing to make
profit would have any interest in keeping the enterprising collector from
making the attempt with this little bit of disinformation....

But, it is a hassle and will open your eyes to bureaucracy when you attempt
to import something yourself. Be prepared for many hours on the phone,
collecting information to do things properly, and then many more hours in
person making corrections because "I don't know what they told you, but this
is the way you have to do it." If you have lots of time, and aren't
otherwise occupied, it's worth the education. Otherwise, it's a pain in the
ass, and you'll just wish that you bought one from some one who did all the
work.