Re: [MV] AN PRC-77

SBJohnston@aol.com
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:49:33 EST

vilgos@juno.com writes:

>I have an AN PRC-77 radiio in my M-151A and use the high band but
> was wondering if anyone knows if the low band could be increased
>to receive commercial FM broadcasts?

I'm not familiar with the details of the PRC-77 (too new for me!) but I would
point out that all the 1950's and 60's US military FM units I've experiemented
with are designed for transmitting and receiving a "medium" bandwidth FM
signal. Commerical FM 88-108 MHz uses a wide FM signal +/- 75 kHz which would
probably sound real bad monitored on a narrow or medium bandwidth receiver.
Such may well be the case for the PRC-77.

You can probably find out more by posting your question on the
"milsurplus@qth.net' mailing list. Subscribe by either going to