Re: [MV] Insurance underwriters?

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 00:09:43 -0500

>Regarding the insurance issue here, I am wondering if there aren't two
classes
>of insurance users on the list:
>Guy #1 just needs the piece of paper so he can get plates to drive.
>Guy #2 genuinely wants to insure for replacement value.

I would say you are right. One thing I have learned over the years is to
only give as much information as needed by the DMV or insurance company. If
I had a Weasel, I would make sure it was titled as a "Studebaker Truck". A
nice generic description of what it really is. You are not providing false
data. It is a Studebaker. And it is a truck. Unless it mentions whether
it has tracks or not, I wouldn't volunteer to give out this information.

Of course this is meaningless if you want a stated value policy. They
almost always want to inspect the vehicle to take photos.....

Todd Paisley