Re: [MV] Weasel insurance

islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 11:16:20 -0500

>The "Weasel" M29 is an "Amphibious Cargo Carrier" (to "carry" means to
>"truck") Screw it.
>Register it as a boat and get boat insurance.

hehe, well, not possible. Only the M-29c is amphibious, and that ain't
what I got :-) Plus, I don't think the state would be too happy about a
boat DRIVING on an "ATV/Snowmobile" trail...

Interesting that a manual called it a "truck". Do you happen to know
which one says this? Mine are in the mail to me.

Still, even if the manual called it a "truck" I doubt Maine would bend
like in Washington. The laws are pretty specific here and as defined the
Weasel isn't a "truck" by their definitions.

But I am all set now that it is registered and insured as an ATV (thanks
to my insurance agent beating up my home owner's underwriter).

Steve