Re: [MV] Regulations on MVs and don't forget the Veterans

vanwert (vanwert@concentric.net)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:41:03 -0600

Let's not for get theVFW. These folks are great in #s, well respected,
interested and for the most part concerned for the "Veteran Vehicles".
Does anyone have good connections with this group? Lastly for all you
vintage MV fans have you ever thought of volinteering your vehicle on
Memorial day, the 4th of July or Veterans Day to carry some well deserving
Veterans in one of literally thousands of parades held each year in
thousands of cities and towns accross America? Not only will you feel great
for doing it but probably have fun,at the same time giving this hobby some
visibility. Hang a sign on the side anouncing the vets. and your MVPA
affiliated club. Most of the WWII vets. are getting too old to march, let's
give them a lift and the respect they deserve. How about making some
advance planning to get some veterans that are able out of a VA hospital for
a day event like this? It won't go unappreciated. Lyle Van Wert Freeland
MI