[MV] New laws/rules

Douglas Greville (dgrev@apollo.ruralnet.net.au)
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 12:07:32 +1030

Richard

> I understand it is a violation of UCMJ for a serviceman to make
> disparaging remarks about the commander-in-chief.

I thought your constitution guaranteed the right to free speach? Does this
mean that once you join the military you lose your constitutional rights
(secrecy act not included)?

I do agree with you that "emotive/disparaging" letters are unlikely to get
a favourable responce from those in power!

>From an Australian perspective: most of you would be aware of the events
out here that brought in new gun laws. That was just the start, we now
(in NSW) have had an anti-knife law come in which bans the sale/possession
of knives to/by youths (and adults). This law also has a clause that says
that the parents have to PROVE they were not aware that their child was
"carrying" a knife.
Ever try and prove you didn't know something?
A knife, by their definition also includes the type you use to spread
butter on your bread, it exempts the plastiv version!
Thus, this is guilty until proven innocent. Quite a precedent for
English language speaking countries.

This anti-armour stuff is just the beginning, wait until they really
get going. Think not? In Australia, Army green paint has been a prohibited
colour since before WW2. This law is not enforced, but it is there.......
waiting.

It is worth noting that white, sand yellow, brown and numerous other
colours fall into the category of "military". Day-glo pink jeeps anyone?

Regards
Doug

Armoured Vehicles Collector
_______
_/_(_o_)_\_ ____
_/|___|_|___|\_ /____\
/ [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_
|w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|
M8 Ferret

dgrev@ruralnet.net.au

Web Armour site at: http://Fast.to/DG