[MV] L134 Dyno runs

fv74@altavista.net
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:56:29 -0500 (EST)

Steve

The engine was balanced, +.060" pistons installed, deck milled .010", head milled .030", triple angle valve job and I cleaned up the intake and exhaust ports.This engine was full of water and rust when I got it. I ran the engine up to 4200 RPM for the tests. I worked with the timing and got 57 HP @ 4000 RPM. The V-thing under the carb was removed next, raising power to 59 HP @ 4000 RPM. My last test replaced the Carter WO with a Solex Carb and the engine produced 63 HP at 4000 RPM. I installed the engine in my MB on Sunday and took it out to play in the snow. I borrowed the Solex from Darryl Bensinger and if my Carter wasn't working so well, I would have purchased it from him.

Dave Fillman
45 MB