Re: [MV] Purchase problem

Jerry Jewell (jj@tgd.com)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:08:53 -0800

Not that I like taxes but what is suggested below is known as felony tax fraud. My
suggestion is that if you want to commit a crime go right ahead but don't ask a
vendor or customer to participate with you.

Here's another thing you should know about the DMV (happened to me). I sold a car
for $6,000. The buyer turned around and told the DMV they bought it for 3,000. The
DMV called me to verify the sale amount. I wisely said $6,000 and the buyer got
prosecuted. If I had lied for the buyer I'm sure we would have both been
prosecuted.

Jerry
43 GPW