Re: [MV] M100 FENDER BOLTS

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:25:39 -0600

> Wrong Sir,

>Those are two different acids, hydrochloric is very strong and muriatic
>not so strong, please be careful about this!

Gee Joe, I don't know where you learned chemistry but Muriatic acid is in
fact Hydrochloric acid of lesser purity, an industrial grade if you please.
A muriate of something is a chloride of it, back before they knew what
clorine was, like in the days of the alchemists. You know, when
concentrated Sulphuric acid was called Oil Vitriol and Nitric acid was
called Aquafortis (strong water). As I recall, garden variety hardware
store Muriatic is something like 38% which is plenty strong enough to
disolve zinc plating. As to being careful, I agree, YOU need to be careful, Sir.

je