Re: [MV] gensets

David Ross (ross@hypertools.com)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 10:42:54 -0700

Kent & the gang -

At 10:39 PM 04/09/99 -0600, kent sager wrote:
>I was told that 3kw military gensets use the same engine as a mule. Is this
>true? If so does anyone have a source for spark plugs?

Not quite true. The 3KW genset uses a 4AO32 engine - 4 cylinder,
Air-cooled, Opposed cylinders, 32 cubic inch (six HP rated). The 5KW
genset uses a 2AO42 engine - 2 cylinder, Air-cooled, Opposed cylinders, 42
cubic inch.

Later Mules used a another variant of the 2AO42 - different accessories
than the engine on the genset. I wouldn't trust the spark plugs to be the
same either - certainly the Mule engines saw different loads & duty cycles
than those on the gensets.

Sorry I can't help with a source for spark plugs - if you find a source,
please post it.

good luck
Dave Ross ross@hypertools.com